On Saturday, February 11th (from 9am to noon), the Chicago Alumni Chapter will once again be volunteering at the Chicago Food Depository.
This is one of our more popular volunteer events and space is limited. We are only allowed to bring 20 people to help out – this will be the 1st 20 to RSVP to Brother Lindsay Allen, or call her at 636.236.4277.
If you would like more information or have questions please email Lindsay Allen.
“Chicago’s food bank — a nonprofit food distribution and training center that provides food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community. The Food Depository, founded in 1979, makes a daily impact across Cook County with a network of 650 pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, mobile programs, children’s programs, older adult programs and innovative responses that address the root causes of hunger. Last year, the Food Depository distributed 66 million pounds of shelf-stable food, fresh produce, dairy products and meat, the equivalent of 150,000 meals every day”
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early
- Enter through the Volunteer Entrance, located to the left of the main entrance
- You must wear long pants and close-toed shoes
- Please bring an item of canned or non-perishable food to donate
- Limit the number of personal belongings you bring into the facility; there are a limited number of lockers if needed
- You can park in the parking lots, as it is available for weekend sessions
- If you cannot attend after you say you will, you must let Lindsay know ONE WEEK in advance — failure to give notice could jeopardize our chances of working with the Greater Chicago Food Depository again in the future
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is located at 4100 West Ann Lurie Place, Chicago, IL 60632; 773.247.3663.